After careful review and analysis, the Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier (E-333)
, emerged as the top pick in our best gun safe dehumidifier selection; it is also the customer's favorite and, of course, the best value for money. This dehumidifier for gun safe is unarguably one of the best gun safe dehumidifiers amongst other types of dehumidifiers available in the market.
Apart from the fact that it is very affordable, it is 100 % eco-friendly guaranteed, portable, silent during use, and extremely durable. All these features do not make it less active; as a matter of fact, the Eva dry E-333 has the capacity to absorb moisture from all corners of the gun safe than most models making it one of the best gun safe you can lay your hands on. It shares similar features with the pro breeze dehumidifier and covers up to 33 cubic feet.
This model comes in a rechargeable silica gel beads technology that absorbs moisture. The indicator system helps you track when it needs to be recharged. The more water the beads absorb, the color changes; at its maximum absorptio-n, it turns pink; at this point, the dehumidifier can be plugged into an electrical outlet to be recharged. The cycle continues in this manner and can be used for a longer period of time.
Apart from being our top pick, this model also offers the best value for money, as it is very affordable. It is also a customer's favorite, having 5 x more positive reviews than any other dehumidifier on the list.
Although dehumidifiers are one of the greatest ways to keep humidity levels low, there are other effective ways of protecting your gun vault.
You can keep humidity levels low by:
- Placing silica gel in your gun safes: This moisture absorbing material is the same small packaged substance you find in your new pair of shoes with the warning “do not eat.” The silica gel is what is used in a desiccant dehumidifier, and they act as an absorbing agent.
- Substituting with light bulbs (not recommended): Just like the rod units, a light bulb, when heated, releases warm air and can prevent condensation
- Placing the gun safes in a cool, dry place. The gun safe is best kept in an area free from humidity or too much heat.
- Oiling the gun regularly: Frequent application of oil on the gun will go a long way in protecting it from rusting.
- Placing desiccants in the safe: You can use other forms of desiccant substance like charcoal, dry rice, or baking soda in an open bowl in the safe. This method requires you to continuously replace after some time and is not a suitable permanent solution for regulating humidity level.
- Constantly cleaning your gun: Much like keeping a well lubed gun, consistently cleaning your gun will help you track the irregularities on your gun or safe before it gets out of hand.